- Cyber insurance helps cover losses caused by hacking & virus attacks
Cyber insurance gives additional coverage for IT consultants, counselling services, ATM robbery, counterfeit card liability, etc.
- Are midcap funds worth your time and money in this volatile market?
Midcap funds are denounced for their sharp fall during market turbulence. However, their high returns when held for five years or more have upheld their reputation of being an essential element in the wealth creation process.
- Consumers aged 35-40 years most credit healthy, says report
Consumers from metros continue to be more credit healthy, with nearly 43% possessing a credit score above 750. On the other hand, around 36% of Paisabazaar customers from non-metros have a score of 750 and above.
- NSE Academy collaborates with HDFC MF for financial awareness programme
The course aims to reach a large number of students and give them access to basic financial knowledge so that they make wise financial decisions
- Why buying a home early in your career is a good idea
Experts explain the reasons why one should plan and go for a property investment early in their career
- Can peer-to-peer lending work for you?
One can lend a maximum of ₹50 lakh across all P2P platforms, but note here that it is a high-risk product
- What a personal loan costs you
Here are some personal loan rates and other costs of the top private and public sector banks in India
- Rate hikes are here. Should you switch your home loan now?
Rates are expected to be hiked further and it’s a matter of time before all lenders increase their interest rates on repo rate linked loans
- Can I show my rental income in HUF account?
Transferring the house to the HUF, and its subsequent sale from the HUF will enable you to book the sale proceeds in the HUF
- Things to know before investing in pre-IPO deals
Long-term average return from private markets could be substantially higher
- Income tax benefits on house rent
You are authorized to tax exemption which falls under Section 10 (13A) of the Income Tax Act, as per the HRA obtained by you, subject to specific limits and conditions
- ELSS mutual funds: Top 5 reasons to invest in equity-linked saving schemes
Tax saving mutual funds: ELSS mutual fund is a good instrument option for equity investors who want to save tax and grow wealth in tandem
- Income tax calculator: How your life insurance policies are taxed — explained
Income tax calculator: As per section 10(10D) of income tax act, maturity proceeds including bonuses received from regular life insurance policy are fully exempt from taxations
- Compare your bank FD rates
Here is a list of banks that offer the highest FD rates for deposits up to Rs1 crore over various tenures
- Is your wealth adviser independent? Sometimes, it isn’t easy to tell
Investors might not be aware when their advisers have ties to insurance companies
- Homebuyers should watch out for rising interest rates
Buyers should expect higher prices due to rising inflation and also a hike in home loan rates
- How to claim benefits under EDLI scheme
The EDLI scheme works in combination with the EPF scheme and the Employees‘ Pension Scheme
- Why do different stocks have different Price-to-Sales multiples?
With rising rates, stocks of new-age firms with higher P/S multiples are falling faster
- How can an insurance policy be revived after it lapses?
Insurance companies provide a grace period of up to 30 days from the policy renewal date to pay the outstanding premium
- This public sector bank hikes FD rates by 10-25 bps. Check latest rates here
From May 12th onward, Canara Bank offers a 4% interest rate on 46 days to 90 days tenure - higher by 10 basis points from the previous 3.9%. The bank hiked the interest rate by 10 bps to 4.05% on 91 days to 179 days tenure from the previously offered 3.95%.
- This private sector bank introduces penalty charges on FDs. Check details here
As per the Yes Bank website, premature withdrawals on FDs tenure less than equal to 181 days will now have a penalty of 0.25% from May 16, 2022
- Axis Bank hikes fixed deposit rates. Check latest FD rates here
According to the Axis Bank website, the new rates will come into effect from May 12, 2022
- How are cards issued by fintech firms different from regular credit cards?
We explore how cards such as Uni and Slice are distinct from regular credit cards
- The importance of emergency funds, understanding from an Arjuna awardee
The family dipped into its personal debt investments and business reserves during covid
- Retail investors catch falling knives, don’t chase momentum
The mentality of retail investors is essentially driven by anchoring
- How should you plan monthly withdrawals after retirement?
It is always better to plan for your post-retirement monthly withdrawal as it ensures your independence and also reduces the possibility of outliving your savings
- Are rising interest rates bad for fixed income funds?
Capital loss due to higher interest rates may be offset by higher accrual over time
- Credit card use can translate into unwanted debt; Here's how you can avoid
Credit cards are not necessarily evil if you know the right way to use them. An understanding of how debt can ruin your finances will go a long way in realizing that adding to credit card debt will destroy your chances of saving your money and amassing your desired corpus in future.
- Here are the options available when your PPF account matures after 15 years
You can extend your PPF account for another five years past its maturity. What’s more, you can choose between continuing the account with or without contributions depending on your availability and the requirement of finances.
- This private sector bank revises interest rates on saving accounts. Check rates here
With effect from May 10th, savings account with a balance less than ₹50 lakh will have an interest rate of 3% per annum..Axis Bank directs customers to contact the branch officials when the amount of the savings account is ₹2,500 crore.
- These banks offer highest interest rates on 1-year fixed deposits (FDs)
When it comes to investing, for most investors, the safety of the principal invested remains the most important
- How much tax do you pay on equity investments?
Given that different equity assets have different tax rules, an investor must take a careful look at the suitability of an investment in terms of taxes too
- Why risk-taking Scripbox CEO abides by asset allocation principles
Scripbox CEO identifies himself as a high risk-taking investor but abides by the asset allocation principles
- Which international funds are still open for investments?
Feeder funds or the fund of funds investing in the exchange-traded funds abroad are still open for investments
- How is LTCG taxed if property is sold to buy a new house?
Section 54 of the Income Tax Act of 1961 provides for exemption against the LTCG arising from the sale of a residential house (original asset)